Ghafari Structural Engineer in Istanbul, Turkey
The Structural Engineer, with limited supervision from the Manager of Structural Engineering, will provide the technical, organizational and communication skills to produce well-designed and coordinated construction documents for structural systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Review and/or establish project scope, structural budget, and design approach with the Manager of Structural Engineering, Project Manager and/or client
• Perform as a project lead engineer for larger projects, managing the production effort of staff assigned to project in terms of quality, budget, and schedule
• Keep current with latest code publications and apply in everyday analysis as applicable
• Formulate design and/or analysis of structural framing systems and perform necessary calculations
• Conduct field measuring and checking at construction site to verify existing conditions
• Prepare construction documents including drawings and specifications
• Communicate with other disciplines to produce well-coordinated construction documents
• Review shop drawing submittals to assure design intent is met
• Maintain project file containing project calculations, correspondence, appropriate reference material, etc.
• Use available structural computer programs to enhance productivity and verifies results with manual checks
• Coordinate structural drafters, give work to them and check the drawings prepared.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university(with Structural Engineering focus); Master’s preferred
• 8+ years of related and progressively more responsible experience in the structural engineering field. Experience with seismic isolators is preferred.
• Analysis: ETABS, SAP2000, SAFE
• Drafting: AutoCAD and Revit preferred
• Very good command of written and spoken English
Please apply with your resume in English.
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at email@example.com
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2019-1398
Job Location TR-Istanbul