Ghafari Process Controls Project Engineer in Istanbul, Turkey
With limited supervision from the Group Manager, Project Manager and senior engineers, participate in the preparation and management of controls related project deliverables, ensure project deliverable quality, develop and maintain client relationships, and perform project assignments. The Process Controls Project Engineer provides technical leadership, facilitates and participates in meetings, provides feedback to management, engineering and project team members, works with and directs other engineers, performs control system related engineering calculations, concept and design development, and implementation.
• Understand mechanical systems and manufacturing processes for which control systems will be designed. Influence mechanical designs where necessary for control considerations. Mechanical systems include paint and coating application process & equipment, conveyors and material handling and delivery equipment, line display equipment, fluid handling and fill equipment, waste treatment processes and equipment, as well as pneumatic and hydraulic applications.
• Understand and be familiar with governmental electrical and safety Codes & Standards.
• Understand and be familiar with client specifications and safety Codes & Standards.
• Participate in presentations, and project proposal and estimating efforts.
• Responsible for completion of assigned project deliverables as it relates to cost and schedule.
• Maintain project records.
• Understand contract documents and project records.
• Participate with project team and client to prepare or edit project specifications and reports in both textual and graphical formats.
• Design operation concepts and requirements, general system flows and detailed sequence of operations.
• Specify and design control and power distribution system demolition and rework.
• Specify and design hardwired and software based machine level control systems. Produce complete documentation drawing package.
• Specify requirements for PLC and PC programming and relate purchased software.
• Specify and design HMI screen/display arrangements and requirements.
• Develop schematic design and specify Network systems for communication and control.
• Develop schematic design and specify upper level production support systems (FMCS, MES, PFS, QAS, PDS, AVI, etc.).
• Specify and design power distribution to and within production and process equipment. Perform calculations and designs relative to diversity factors, bus loading, voltage drops, circuit protection and coordination, feed sizing, distribution equipment sizing, etc.
• Specify and design lighting systems for industrial production applications.
• Specify and design control and power distribution system installation work.
• Provide detailed engineering estimate input for control systems and related installation work.
• Provide project scheduling input for control systems implementation.
• Perform peer reviews of engineering materials, as directed to ensure deliverable quality.
• Track and communicate project status, both internally and externally.
• Review and approve contractor engineering submittals.
• Review and approve fabrication facilities and production equipment prior to shipment to site.
• Provide resource input, including internal and external engineering, contractors, vendors and skilled trades to complete projects in a timely manner.
• Lead system start-up, debug and testing activities, and provide system review and punch-listing.
• Produce, or review and approve system as-built/as-installed drawings.
• Perform and manage field checking of existing equipment, sites and facilities.
• Must be able to travel and accept field assignments to promote project success.
• Provide technical direction and coaching to other team members and discipline members.
Please apply with your resume in English.
• Associate Degree in a technical field with 12 to 17 years of related work experience, or a Bachelor Degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university, with 10 to 15 years of related work experience.
• Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Outlook, basic MS Excel (calculations, functions, sorting, formatting), MS Word (basic formatting).
• Proficient in conveyor controls and/or paint process controls design and engineering
• Previous Automatic Vehicle Identification (AVI), Quality Audit systems (QAS) and Plant Floor systems (PFS) experience preferred.
• Previous experience with PLC’s (e.g., Allen Bradley PLC-5 and Control Logix family, Siemens S series), networks (Profibus, Ethernet, DeviceNet, etc.) and related software required. Training certificates required.
• Must speak fluently in both Turkish and English
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at email@example.com
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2019-1392
Job Location TR-Istanbul