Ghafari Paint-Tooling Project Engineer in Istanbul, Turkey
With limited supervision from the Technical Manager, Project Manager and senior engineers, participate in the preparation and management of Paint related project deliverables, ensure project deliverable quality, develop and maintain client relationships, and perform project assignments. The Paint / Tooling Project Engineer provides technical leadership, facilitates and participates in meetings, provides feedback to management, engineering and project team members, works with and directs other engineers, performs system related engineering calculations, concept and design development, and implementation.
• Understand mechanical systems and manufacturing processes for which systems will be designed. Mechanical systems include paint and coating application process, fluid handling and fill equipment, waste treatment processes and equipment, as well as pneumatic and hydraulic applications.
• Understand and be familiar with all applicable governmental (i.e., OSHA, NFPA) Safety Codes & Standards.
• Understand and be familiar with client safety Codes & Standards.
• Participate in presentations, and project proposal and estimating efforts.
• Maintain project records as well as daily personal records of communications and directions given and received.
• Understand contract documents and project records.
• Participate with project team and client to prepare or edit project specifications and reports in both textual and graphical formats.
• Design process flow schematics, system air flow and piping schematics.
• Specify and design bid package as well as detailed fabrication drawings and specifications for a complete system.
• Specify requirements for all purchased equipment and devices used in system design and operations.
• Perform all necessary design air flow calculations with regards to static losses, downdraft requirements, and effective system losses.
• Perform all fluid and hydraulic calculations with regard to pipe losses, head pressures, friction losses, associated with piping. Perform pump selection and sizing calculations as well as valve sizing and selection.
• Calculate all power requirements related to loads for all designed equipment with regard to full load amps, motor sizing and horsepower requirements.
• Perform all basic load calculations with regards to uniform and point loads necessary to properly select steel and other structural shapes necessary for system designs.
• Provide budget estimates for paint systems and related installation work.
• Provide project scheduling input for paint systems implementation.
• Perform peer reviews of engineering materials to ensure deliverable quality.
• Track and communicate project status, both internally and externally.
• Review and approve contractor engineering submittals.
• Review and approve fabrication facilities and production equipment prior to shipment to site.
• Produce, or review and approve system as-built/as-installed drawings.
• Perform and manage field checking of existing equipment, sites and facilities.
• Must be able to travel and accept field assignments to promote project success.
• Be cognizant of installation concepts and practices to ensure designs may be fabricated and installed with ease.
• Provide technical direction and coaching to other team members and discipline members.
Please apply with your resume in English.
Education and Experience:
• Associate Degree in a technical field with 12 to 17 years of related work experience, or a Bachelor Degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university, with 10 to 15 years of related work experience.
• Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Outlook, basic MS Excel (calculations, functions, sorting, formatting), MS Word (basic formatting).
• General knowledge of Conveyor and/or control system design and engineering.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must speak fluently in both Turkish and English
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at email@example.com
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2019-1391
Job Location TR-Istanbul