Ghafari Packaging Project Engineer in Istanbul, Turkey
Project manage the design, development, testing, procurement and validation of automotive (or similar) packaging. Includes steel shipping racks, custom and standard returnable containers, and expendable containers, for both domestic and international applications.
• Initiate and maintain customer specific packaging database for assigned parts.
• Perform change management to assess impact of changes in part physical characteristics, suppliers, and process requirements.
• Coordinate with customer stakeholders, logistics partners, and part suppliers to establish project schedule, design criteria, procurement strategy, and fleet size requirements.
• Plan and direct activities concerned with the design, prototyping, testing and delivery of containers. Includes design reviews, 1st article inspections, laboratory (vibration, impact, compression, drop, etc.) testing, over-the-road testing, problem solving and troubleshooting.
• Provide on-site launch support to validate packaging meets program requirements. Monitor supplier conformance.
• Schedule and hold coordination meetings. Write meeting minutes. Participate in open issues meetings and presentations.
• Consult with customer departments and packaging suppliers to determine costs and feasibility of producing proposed packaging.
• May advise customers on efficient packaging procedures, innovations in packaging materials and various applications within the supply chain.
• Support the development of presentation materials for customer presentations and may lead customer presentations.
Please apply with your resume in English.
Education and Experience:
• BS degree in Packaging from an accredited university preferred or a 4 year degree in an engineering discipline.
• 6 to 10 or more years of progressively more responsible automotive experience.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of software, with particular strength in Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must speak fluently in both Turkish and English.
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2019-1393
Job Location TR-Istanbul