Ghafari Mechanical Design Engineer in Istanbul, Turkey
The Mechanical Design Engineer, with some supervision from the Manager of Mechanical Engineering, will provide or extend mechanical systems design for new construction and/or renovation of industrial, commercial and institutional facilities as requested by the client. The Mechanical Design Engineer will develop construction drawings and specifications which address the installation, integration, interconnection and control of mechanical components within the standard building codes and will work independently.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Coordination between other offices and on site team and client.
· Perform calculations, formulate design and layout of mechanical systems including HVAC, piping, plumbing, and fire protection
· Create engineering documents using computer aided design (CAD) technology utilizing Autodesk (Revit) software (2D and 3D applications).
· Edit or draft project specifications
· Conduct field measuring and checking at the construction site
· Review drawings for omissions, errors, overall quality, content accuracy, compliance with standards and codes
· Review product submittals for design content (shop drawings), specify action to be taken to reach specification compliance
· Maintain organized project file containing project calculations, correspondence, appropriate reference materials, etc.
· Select and source equipment
· Coordinate project with other disciplines
· Communicate scope changes to department manager and Project Manager
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Master's or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
· LEED Accredited professional preferred
· Must speak fluently in both Turkish and English
· 8-10 years of related and progressively more responsible experience in mechanical engineering field. (Mechanical engineering design experience with sufficient Revit knowledge is a must)
· Proficiency with Revit, Navisworks, Carrier HAP, Microsoft Office (emphasis in Word and Excel) and ProjectWise
· Sufficient knowledge about international codes such as NFPA, ASHRAE, EN, DIN and local codes.
· Excellent written and verbal communication, strong attention to detail
Please apply with your resume in English.
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2021-1480
Job Location TR-Istanbul