Ghafari Industrial Engineering Project Engineer in Istanbul, Turkey
Determine the most cost effective means for an organization to create an automotive product. In doing so, the Industrial Engineer will often develop methods to increase productivity, improve efficiency, reduce waste, and manage human capital and equipment more effectively.
Essential Job Functions:
Provide industrial engineering analysis, often in a lead role, to:
• Perform process improvement studies to develop more efficient ways to utilize people, machines, material, information, and energy to create a product.
• Assist clients in increasing productivity within their processes and operations by applying lean principles.
• Observe operations, collect data, and perform process validation and maintain necessary documentation.
• Use various problem solving methodologies to identify the root causes of problems so that process improvements can be developed/recommended to eliminate the root causes.
• Utilize time study and predetermined labor standards systems for establishing labor standards, developing standardized work, and balancing production processes.
• Develop materials management analysis which may include:
Storage analysis and layouts for warehouse and market areas
Material flow analyses to improve material movement through facilities
Dock utilization analyses to determine quantities, types, and locations of shipping/receiving docks
Estimated labor and material handling equipment requirements
• Develop conceptual facility planning layouts in CAD (typically AutoCAD) to create efficient process and material flow through systematic layout planning principles to ensure proper size, shape, and configuration of a proposed facility.
• Develop budget and capital expenditure plans for operational improvements.
• Perform cost studies, economic comparisons, and justification analysis.
• Confer with customers to implement plans and recommendations. Often required to provide on-site support during implementation activities.
• Support the development of various reports and presentation materials for customer presentations. May take a lead role in customer presentations.
Please apply with your resume in English.
• BS degree in Engineering from an accredited university preferred.
• 6 to 10 or more years of progressively more responsible previous experience in an automotive assembly plant.
• Electric vehicle and components experience a plus.
• Among the skills and competencies that will contribute to success in this position are:
Math/data analysis skills
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of software and AutoCAD; FactoryFLOW, FactoryCAD, and Flow Planner software proficiency is a plus.
• Proficiency/certification with predetermined labor standards systems (MTM, MOST, MODAPTS, etc.) is a plus
• Must speak fluently in both Turkish and English
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at email@example.com
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2019-1390
Job Location TR-Istanbul