Ghafari Electrical Design Engineer in Istanbul, Turkey
The Electrical & ICT/Security Design Engineer, with some supervision from senior staff, will provide design or analysis for lighting, power and control systems or analysis for telecommunications, LAN, WAN, CCTV, access control, and wireless LAN for new construction and/or renovation of industrial, commercial, governmental and healthcare structures in conformance to client requirements and applicable codes. The Electrical & ICT/Security Design Engineer will provide engineering to develop construction documents for the installation, interconnection and control of, electrical components and telecommunication & security networks.
Essential Job Functions:
• Possess / demonstrate the engineering knowledge and understanding to design or analyze electrical systems for the installation, interconnection, and control of architectural, electrical and mechanical components using applicable codes, e.g. lighting & power distribution systems and sizing of equipment
• Possess / demonstrate the engineering knowledge and understanding to design or analyze data, telecommunication, security systems, audio visual systems, fire alarm and public address for the design and installation of data, telecommunications and security systems/networks using applicable BICSI, ANSI/TIA/EIA and NFPA and EN guidelines.
• Possess basic engineering knowledge of the low voltage systems (e.g. fire alarm, public address, telecommunications, audio visual, security and lighting control systems)
• Knowledge of all aspects of the NFPA, IEC,BICSI guidelines and NFPA -72 and EN 54standards and local regulations, as they apply to the electrical and data-telecommunication, fire alarm and security design
• Review and/or establish project scope, budget, design approach, and applicable constraints with the Project Manager or client as appropriate.
• Able to adhere to project quality, budget, and schedule given the design approach and constraints
• Prepare feasibility studies and schematic design packages of lighting, power systems, telecommunications, fire alarm and security systems etc.
• Possess/demonstrate the graphic ability to produce construction documents per company standards
• Communicate and work with all other disciplines to produce coordinated construction documents
• Conduct field measuring and checking at the construction site in case needed.
• Maintain organized project file containing project calculations, schedules, correspondence, appropriate reference materials, etc.
• With assistance, edit and draft project specifications.
• Review project submittals (shop drawings) for conformance with contract documents; specify action required for conformance.
• Prepare project reports, material (including BOQ preparation) with cost estimates, with assistance.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree in engineering or telecommunications or information systems.
• Minimum 2 years related and progressively more experience in electrical engineering and data - telecommunication, fire alarm and security engineering field.
• Microsoft Office, Autodesk AutoCAD & Revit (A certain level of Revit knowledge is essential) and BIM360.
• Engineering software for ICT Systems, power & lighting design, experience with short-circuit analysis and coordination preferred.
• Perform electrical engineering calculations
• Good command of English with written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
Please apply with your resume in English.
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2021-1481
Job Location TR-Istanbul