Ghafari Conveyor Project Engineer in Istanbul, Turkey
Perform engineering design, calculations and conceptual layouts of a variety of material handling systems. Specify equipment and consult with vendors and client on project needs and deliverables.
• Understand basics of mechanical systems and processes for various types of conveyor systems. Also understand the basics of pneumatic, hydraulic and conveyor electrical controls applications.
• Participate with project team and client as directed to prepare or edit project specifications and reports.
• Design system layouts and determine operational requirements so that a detailed system flow can be generated. Perform all required calculations to validate system throughput and workability.
• Specify and design system demolition and rework pertaining to the possible re-use of existing equipment.
• Design structural support steel layouts and perform related calculations.
• Lead system start-up, debug and testing activities and provide system review and punch-listing.
• Produce, or review and approve system as-built/as-installed drawings.
• Perform and manage field checking of existing equipment, sites and facilities.
• Must be able to travel and accept field assignments to promote project success.
• Provide technical direction and coaching to other team members and discipline members
• Understand and be familiar with governmental Safety Codes & Standards.
• Understand and be familiar with client Specifications and Safety Codes & Standards.
• Responsible for completion of assigned project deliverables as it relates to cost and schedule.
• Maintain project records.
• Understand contract documents and project records.
• Provide detailed engineers estimates for all conveyor systems and related installation work.
• Provide project scheduling input for conveyor systems implementation.
• Perform peer reviews of engineering materials, as directed to ensure deliverable quality.
• Track and communicate project status, both internally and externally.
• Review and approve contractor engineering submittals.
Please apply with your resume in English.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university, with at least 6 to 10 years of related automotive work experience.
• Proficient in AutoCAD 2D/3D software (proficiency in FactoryCAD, Inventor, Solidworks is a plus)
• Proficient in MS Outlook, basic MS Excel (calculations, functions, sorting, formatting), MS Word (basic formatting).
• Skilled in conveyor system design and engineering.
• Must speak fluently in both Turkish and English.
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at email@example.com
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2019-1389
Job Location TR-Istanbul