Ghafari Civil Engineer in Istanbul, Turkey
Prepare site development plans and specifications for commercial and industrial sites in conformance to client requirements and local ordinances. Work with and advise other disciplines on site issues that may impact architectural development and building systems. Develop criteria for procuring sub-consultant services.
• Review and/or establish project scope, civil budget, design approach and applicable constraints with department manager, Project Manager, and client as appropriate.
• Prepare feasibility studies and civil cost estimates.
• Formulate design of civil systems including underground utilities, paving, grading, and drainage for small to medium sized projects.
• Develop site layout(s) in accordance with zoning and other applicable ordinances and requirements.
• Edit or write project specifications.
• Evaluate design options for consideration by Project Manager and/or client.
• Monitor project budgets and schedules. Adjust work efforts as required to meet budget and schedule goals.
• Prepare working drawings for construction on CAD with support from department staff when applicable.
• Conduct field measuring and/or survey verification at project site. Perform basic topographic surveying for minor projects.
• Review drawings for omissions, errors, overall quality, content accuracy, and compliance with standards and codes.
• Review product submittals (shop drawings) for conformance with contract documents, specify action necessary for compliance.
• Prepare project file updates, transmittals, letters, reports, and other project correspondence.
• Assist with checking, standards review, and maintenance of master specifications.
• With Project Manager, attend meetings with governmental agencies as required for obtaining site plan approval. Ability to address public and governmental groups in open meetings is essential.
• Coordinate project with other disciplines and advise of site/building system conflicts.
• Prepare site plan submittal documents in accordance with local requirements.
• Visit construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
• Develop and mentor less experienced staff.
• Develop cost and quantity estimates.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related degree.
• Professional Registration.
• 5+ years related and progressively more responsible experience in site design and civil engineering.
• Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in AutoCAD, Microstation, Civil 3D, Microsoft Office, state and federal environmental laws and intermediate to advanced level hydraulic and hydrology system design.
Please apply with resume in English.
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2019-1409
Job Location TR-Istanbul