Ghafari Business Development Manager in Istanbul, Turkey
The Business Development Mananger will work closely with firm leadership to develop and execute a strategic business development plan for long-term growth in corporate, aviation, industrial / manufacturing, and government / institutional sectors. This individual will directly research, source, manage, and close Turkey and CIS business opportunities that support our service offerings. An ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader with broad functional experience in the areas of strategic planning, business development, client relations, and market research.
• Evaluate new and existing sales efforts and direct strategic change that results in significant annual revenue growth
• Identify opportunities, develop relationships, complete client research, create capture strategies, and execute those strategies
• Continually evaluate the strategies and effectiveness in capture planning and winning work, and implement process improvements based on market trends and client feedback
• Collaborate with the leadership team to identify, acquire and retain strategic partners
• Initiate and maintain contact with key clients and industry representatives, organizations, and companies in the market areas serviced by Ghafari
• Assist in identifying personnel needs for pursuit teams, evaluating scope and scheduling requirements of opportunities
• Collaborate with management team to prepare and conduct client presentations; facilitate the closing of the sale and participate in internal and external kick-off activities; continue client relationship during project execution
• Manage the proposal development process and engage the marketing department for support
• Monitor business development / sales activities and lead tracking and reporting metrics
• Monitor competitor activity by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, offerings, and client presence
• Participate in industry-related associations, functions, and conferences to promote firm’s name recognition and increase market share
• Perform related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or related field is required
• Minimum of seven years of demonstrated successful sales / business development or project management experience inA/E/C industry, preferably in architecture
• Strong knowledge of the Turkey markets required
• Active member of industry-related professional organizations is preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good command of English writing and speaking
• Proven track record of closing new business and exceeding sales targets using a highly consultative approach
• Must be creative, collaborative, and self-motivated with the ability to maintain and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills that have resulted in lasting business relationships
• Must be able to work on-site in the Istanbul Office
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and CRM software.
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at email@example.com
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2021-1483
Job Location TR-Istanbul