Ghafari Virtual Design & Construction Specialist (BIM) in Dearborn, Michigan
General Summary: With occasional supervision from the Director of Virtual Design + Construction and Quality, works with the assigned Virtual Design and Construction Specialist III or Lead Virtual Design and Construction Specialist to implement the required tasks on a project. They may be assigned lead VDC Specialist role on mid to small sized project.
• Assist Quality group in ensuring that quality control procedures are initiated and enforced.
• Assist in maintaining the required sections of the Project Execution Plan.
• Assist in coordinating with the project architect and project engineers to formulate the project work plan based on an approved scope of work for BIM and CAD.
• Assist in defining and documenting project deliverables for technology related issues.
• Assist in developing and communicating the project work plan for technology related issues.
• Assist the Project Manager in tracking the actual project completeness against the project schedule and budget by utilizing reports from the technology being utilized.
• Assist in managing the Client and the Ghafari production team to assure that service, scope, quality and schedule expectation are aligned through the implementation of technology.
• Assist in the tracking, recording and reporting project progress, issues and decisions using the prescribed tools and documentation defined in our Operations Manual related to technology implementation.
• Assist in the identification of changes to the scope of work and the related repercussions on the project from technological issues.
• Continuously evaluate emerging Virtual Design and Construction technologies, identify opportunities to match those technologies with project needs to improve workflow and increase efficiencies.
• Participate in post project meetings to identify lessons learned for ongoing continuous improvements practices.
• Assist in the preparation of proposals as they pertain to the use of technologies and workflows on a project.
• Training / support / trouble shooting for project team as required.
• Coordinates with Document Control on project deliverables.
• Assist in running clash and coordination reports and project meetings with the PM or Lead Architect/Engineer
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Associates degree in Architecture or Engineering or a related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 2-5 years of experience in the utilization of Virtual Design & Construction processes on A/E projects.
• Fundamental understanding of computers and design technologies. Should be proficient in the use of:
o Microsoft Office Applications, Microsoft Teams
o Autodesk Revit
o Autodesk Navisworks
o Autodesk AutoCAD
o Autodesk 360 applications
o Autodesk Recap
o Autodesk Dynamo knowledge a bonus
o BIM 360
o High Definition Laser scanning software and equipment (Leica, Faro and UAVs
o Cobie, Omniclass and Uniformat Codes
o BIM Execution Plans
o AIA Level of Development and Level of Detail requirements
o AIA BIM Forms
o IPD Deliverable Workflows
• Ability to take direction and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of construction processes and the development of construction drawings is preferred.
• Candidate should possess strong organizational skills and not be afraid to speak in large meeting formats.
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2021-1465
Job Location US-MI-Dearborn