Ghafari Tooling Engineer in Dearborn, Michigan
Perform engineering design, calculations and conceptual layouts of a variety of tooling and process equipment systems. Participate in design development activities and assists with implementation support. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
• Understand mechanical systems and manufacturing processes for which systems will be designed. Mechanical systems include paint and coating application process, fluid handling and fill equipment, waste treatment processes and equipment, as well as pneumatic and hydraulic applications.
• Understand and be familiar with all applicable governmental (i.e., OSHA, NFPA) Safety Codes & Standards.
• Understand and be familiar with client safety Codes & Standards.
• Participate with project team and client to prepare or edit project specifications and reports in both textual and graphical formats.
• Prepare bid package as well as detailed fabrication drawings and specifications for a complete system.
• Assist in specifying requirements for all purchased equipment and devices used in system design and operations.
• Assist in performance of all necessary design air, calculations with regards to static losses, downdraft requirements, and systems effects losses.
• Assist in performance of all fluid and hydraulic calculations with regard to pipe losses, head pressures, friction losses, associated with piping. Perform pump selection and sizing calculations as well as valve sizing and selection.
• Perform peer reviews of engineering materials to ensure deliverable quality.
• Track and communicate project status, both internally and externally.
• Review and approve contractor engineering submittals.
• Produce, or review and approve system as-built/as-installed drawings.
• Perform field checking of existing equipment, sites and facilities.
• Must be able to travel and accept field assignments to promote project success.
• Be cognizant of installation concepts and practices to insure designs may be fabricated and installed with ease.
Education and Experience:
• Associate Degree in a technical field with 7+ years of related work experience, or a Bachelor Degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university, with 5+ years of related work experience.
• Proficient in AutoCAD 2D/3D software (proficiency in Revit, FactoryCAD, Inventor, Solidworks is a plus)
• Proficient in MS Outlook, basic MS Excel (calculations, functions, sorting, formatting), MS Word (basic formatting).
• General knowledge of Conveyor, Paint and/or paint process design and engineering.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• This position requires the ability to perform the essential job functions contained in this job description. These include, but are not limited to, the following requirements:
o Ability to spend most of an 8-hour day sitting, standing and walking at the office
o Ability to drive to a different worksite
o Ability to be on a plant floor for extended hours during client visits
o Ability to lift up to 30 pounds on an occasional basis.
o Ability to climb ladders and stairs in a plant setting on occasional basis.
o Ability to travel up to 50% for certain periods.
• Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants unable to fulfill one or more of these requirements.
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2020-1440
Job Location US-MI-Dearborn