Ghafari Simulation Engineer in Dearborn, Michigan
This role is responsible for leading development of discrete-event simulation models and driving innovation in simulation modeling with a focus on model speed and build efficiency. Such models will be developed to identify tactical and strategic improvements in manufacturing and business operations. These models are used to provide insights into current operational capability and future operational potential in order to develop data-driven, profitable business plans.
• Consistently drive efficiency within the team through support and fine-tuning of complex data analysis and/or model building
• Utilize manufacturing and/or business operations experience to quickly frame the operational challenge and visualize a solution design
• Apply lean principles and methods to develop standardized model and data frameworks in order to identify best practices in model development
• Train new or existing employees in data management and model development best practices
• Ability to harvest large sets of data from numerous sources and identify patterns in joining or linking data
• Efficiently evaluate data accuracy and completeness to establish processes and requirements necessary to maintain data integrity through change
• Collaborate with cross-functional, external client teams to gather comprehensive data required for model development and/or analysis
• Collaborate with internal business development and project managers to transform and visualize the data in creating and driving operational road maps
• Effectively communicate model functionality to the client or internal team for assurance of model results accuracy
• Develop model KPIs unique to the context of the client challenge, providing insight into unfulfilled operational potential
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, or Supply Chain from an accredited university
• Minor studies in Computer Science is a plus
• Prefer 5 years of manufacturing or supply chain on-the-job experience
• Experience with one or more simulation software tools such as FlexSim, Simio, AnyLogic, etc.
• Experience with FlexSim is a plus
• Experience with one or more data gathering tools such as SQL, Tableau Prep, Alteryx, etc.
• Experience with one or more data visualization tools such as Qlik Sense, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
• Experience with one or more coding languages such as C++, VBA, Python, etc.
• Passion for advancing Industry 4.0 and, simulation technology in particular, within manufacturing
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2021-1456
Job Location US-MI-Dearborn