Ghafari Senior Operations Consultant in Dearborn, Michigan
Consult with clients to apply strategy, financial, and supply chain expertise to their operations. Work with the Director of Business Consulting to develop solutions for clients to maximize their efficiency and support the implementation of operational improvements.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work with colleagues and clients to increase enterprise value, from shop floor improvements to fundamental changes in work processes and information and material flows.
• Assist clients in solving complex operational challenges, to align their manufacturing strategy with their overall business strategy.
• Assist clients with performance improvement in their facilities, whether manufacturing, process or service-oriented environments. Assistance may include analysis, design and implementation of those improvements.
• Evaluate client facilities for potential changes in work processes and material flows. Evaluate the client’s quality systems, supply chain operations and/or material flow for maximum value and efficiency.
• Support implementation of lean improvements in the client’s production environment and/or along the value stream.
• Assist in building or enhancing quality systems in the client’s facility.
• Ensure projects are performed on time and within budget
• Maintain knowledge of Ghafari product offerings and be able to sell services as needs are identified.
• Assist clients to define scope; gather all essential information from the client to prepare winning proposals.
• Assist in the pricing of projects, working with the Managers and Executives.
• Conduct primary and secondary research as needed to support client engagements.
• Continue client relationship during project execution.
• Participate in industry-related associations, functions and conferences to promote company’s name recognition and increase market share.
• Build professional network.
• Provide tactical and strategic input to the group
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering field.
• Master’s in Business Administration desirable
• 10+ years of strategy development and project management experience within manufacturing and supply chain environments.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Demonstrated aptitude for analytics, understanding of ERP/PLM systems.
• Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to communicate complex ideas effectively
• Easily adaptable and capable of creative problem-solving.
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2018-1305
Job Location US-MI-Dearborn