Ghafari Project Manager - Material Handling Systems Engineering (High Speed Sortation) in Dearborn, Michigan
Serve as the project team leader and liaison between the project team, the client and internal management for projects involving the design and engineering of material handling systems, specifically high speed sortation systems. The PM participates in day-to-day project activities, communication, and management in order to facilitate a successful project. The PM is responsible to control project activities to contain cost, meet deadlines and satisfy client’s expectations.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manage the development of all project deliverables and quality standards required to meet internal and client deliverables.
• Be familiar with all contract documents and all project(s) objectives including client standards, as well as country of work codes and specifications (i.e. OSHA, NFPA, LSC101, etc.).
• Develop plans for executing and controlling projects, including but not limited to, schedules, budgets, resource management, and change management.
• Define approval process and timing, both internally and with the client, for review of all project submittals.
• Monitor that all engineering calculations are properly prepared and that the review of contractor calculations and submittals is performed in a timely fashion according to the scope of the project.
• Be accountable for quality of program deliverables both, internally and with the client.
• Provide direction and coaching to members of the project team.
• Make sure all project team members are appropriately safety trained, orientated to possible hazards and properly outfitted with personal protective equipment when going on-site.
• Prepare and monitor all invoicing from pre-approval through client approval and follow-up to ensure timely payments both to Ghafari and from Ghafari to sub-contractors.
• Define and maintain project change order process to ensure accurate documentation is prepared, maintained and communicated, both internally and externally.
• Support business development initiatives by participating in proposal / estimate development and participation in sales and marketing efforts.
• Understand, support and portray the Ghafari corporate image and display professionalism in all related activities.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline preferred; or Associate’s degree with equivalent technical experience.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in material handling industry (robotics, packaging, manufacturing). Prefer minimum 5 years in project management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong leadership skills that highlight a passion for client satisfaction, quality, team building, mentoring and conflict resolution.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of software, including MS Project.
• AutoCAD experience preferred.
• Ability to travel to client sites
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at email@example.com
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2018-1307
Job Location US-MI-Dearborn