Ghafari 2020 Summer Intern - Mechanical Engineering (Conveyors Group) in Dearborn, Michigan
The Intern, under direction from the Group Manager and/or project engineer, applies CAD skills and design knowledge in generating and/or modifying engineering design documents, digital models and databases.
• Create engineering documents using computer aided design (CAD) technology utilizing AutoCAD software.
• Work closely with project team members to understand the scope of assignments to determine design data needs and guidelines for the project.
• Provide limited design input on documents and detail design documents with input from engineers.
• Make corrections and modifications to documents for engineers to review, including checking for integration of sections and coordination of disciplines.
• Work with engineers to resolve document coordination and production problems.
• Reproduce documents upon request.
• May produce drawings and digital design models in 3D software applications.
• May do some field checking and/or field measurement (existing conditions).
• Participate in team oriented problem solving.
• Support various internal processes as requested (e.g., lessons learned, document control, quality, and standards development).
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor or Master’s degree in an engineering discipline at an accredited university. Students should have completed at least (2) years of classes.
• Previous internship/co-op experience is a plus
• Working proficiency in design software applications (AutoCAD)
• Working proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Capable of taking initiative; able to take direction
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
• This position requires the ability to perform the essential job functions contained in this job description. These include, but are not limited to, the following requirements:
o Ability to spend most of an 8-hour day sitting, standing and walking at the office
• Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants unable to fulfill one or more of these requirements.
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2019-1382
Job Location US-MI-Dearborn