Ghafari Site Manager - Tenant Coordinator in Chicago, Illinois
The Site Manager – Tenant, Utility, and JOC Construction shall oversee the necessary functions and activities of tenant, utility, and JOC construction projects from commencement through completion, and ensure all construction is in compliance with CDA requirements. The Site Manager shall monitor and report on all construction project schedules and budgets, in addition to reporting on construction progress and elevating issues to the appropriate parties for proper resolution. This position will have direct management over field and office support staff as part of the Tenant, Utility, and JOC Construction Team. This position reports directly to the CARE Plus Manager of Construction.
Description of Responsibilities
• Facilitates issues between the Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA) sections including Security, Landside Ops, IT, Facilities, Concessions and Environmental, and the Tenant during all phases of construction
• Attends preconstruction meetings
• Ensures adherence to user forms, 7460s, dig books, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) amendments, the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and any other required processes during all phases from commencement of design to construction completion
• Monitors progress, adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and advises CDA of issues during all phases of construction through completion and closeout
• Oversees Tenant Coordinators and facilitates issues that need to be elevated during all phases of construction through completion and closeout
• Requests additional CARE Plus resources on complex/larger projects
• Attends weekly project meetings and performs walk throughs, as needed. Meetings include:
– Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Meetings (Weekly, Wednesdays)
– Construction Operations Working Group (COWG)
– Concessions Coordination
– Tenant Coordination (CDA Design and CDA Facilities)
– Project Meetings, as needed
• Additional responsibilities shall include but is not limited to:
– Reviews SOPs for tenant construction
– Oversight for Field Inspectors and other Tenant, Utility, and JOC Team members
• 7+ years of experience working on civil and tenant construction projects
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management equivalent
• OSHA 30 Hour Construction Certification preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at email@example.com
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2019-1368
Job Location US-IL-Chicago
Category Construction Management