Ghafari Project Architect in Chicago, Illinois
The Project Architect directs and is responsible for the development of the design work; leads in the production of technical drawings and specifications; coordinates the related work of the other disciplines; and assumes in-house construction administration duties on projects of moderate to large size and complexity.
Essential Job Functions:
• Ability to manage moderate to large, complex projects.
• Provide mentorship and embrace opportunities for learning with less experienced staff throughout the course of the project.
• Establish the factual parameters of the design work (e.g., code, site restrictions, budget and schedule restraints); identify building systems options and related performance and cost criteria; and assist in the presentation of design documents.
• Formulate the project work plan based on an approved scope of work. Plan mini-sheet work plans for assigned projects. Lead the execution of the various tasks identified therein.
• Assume primary responsibility for the daily activities of the architectural project team and the progress of the work and for the technical quality of the Construction Documents (drawings and specifications).
• Accurately produces schematic design, design development and construction documents.
• Proficient at architectural graphic standards and construction drawing set organization and development.
• Assist the Project Manager in adhering to the project schedule and budget identifying changes to the scope of the work, and related repercussions on project schedule and budget. Provide resource/budget forecasting upon request.
• Advise the Manager of Architecture in the staffing requirements for projects.
• Initiate and orchestrate the work of the entire project team (the various engineering and interiors disciplines, and other consultants), and facilitate the timely exchange of information between all project team members; assume responsibility for the coordination of all disciplines, documents, and for insuring that quality control procedures are enforced.
• Responsible for the management of the production of construction documents.
• Prepare written portion of addenda and bulletins relating to architectural work.
• Perform all in-house construction administration duties: respond to RFI’s, review and approve shop drawings, issue bulletins, etc.; provide field-representation services (at the request of the Project Manager or when deemed critical).
• Possess/demonstrates thorough knowledge of company standards. Help maintain and improve office architectural standards, details and production tools.
• Familiar with Revit model creation in accordance with company standards.
• Familiar with Revit project set-up and workset/model management in accordance with company standards.
• Familiar with laser scanning and point clouds.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Architectural Engineering; Master’s preferred.
• NCARB certificate required.
• LEED Certification preferred.
• WELL Building Certification preferred.
• Registered Architect required.
• 15+ years related architecture experience.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Teams. Familiar withBIM360.
• Familiar with point cloud software (e.g. Autodesk Recap).
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong attention to detail
• This position requires the ability to perform the essential job functions contained in this job description. These include, but are not limited to, the following requirements:
o Ability to spend most of an 8-hour day sitting, standing and walking at the office
o Ability to drive to a different worksite
• Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants unable to fulfill one or more of these requirements
Since 1982, Ghafari Associates has taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets including: aviation, manufacturing, healthcare, retail, hospitality, K-12 and higher education. As a global team of engineers, architects, process designers, and consultants we blend insight with technological innovation helping clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Continuously rated a Top Workplace to Work (https://topworkplaces.com/company/ghafari-associates-l-l/freep/) , Crain’s Cool Place to Work (https://www.crainsdetroit.com/cool) , and a Best and Brightest (https://www.ghafari.com/news-and-views/ghafari-is-a-best-and-brightest-company-in-detroit-chicago-west-michigan) company to work for in the US, Ghafari has made a name for itself through our culture, employee benefits, and portfolio of projects (https://www.ghafari.com/projects) .
Over a quarter of Ghafari employees have diverse identities that are championed by our growing approach to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We provide flexible work environments allowing team members a schedule that benefits them, whether it is fully remote, hybrid or an in-office experience.
Through career mapping, Ghafari employees are encouraged to seek licensure, coached for knowledge growth, and provided opportunities for management and mentorship roles if interested. Our robust internship program recognizes undergraduate and graduate students from across the world, having an over 90% success rate of hiring our interns after graduation.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects all around the world. Ghafari’s global reach creates an environment where individuals can build professional relationships while building sustainable and cutting-edge facilities. Are you ready to take that leap? Apply Now!
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital, pregnancy or parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.