Ghafari Director of Business Development in Chicago, Illinois
The Director of Business Development will nurture existing clients and develop new client relationships within target markets to increase sales, build project backlog, provide billable work for staff, and identify and select projects to pursue. This key individual will also seek additional work from existing clients, compete successfully for larger projects and win more projects with fewer proposals.
• Develop and follow a focused, targeted business development plan with pre-specified goals and measurables.
• Develop relationships with key client representatives to identify new business opportunities and markets.
• Assist clients to define scope; gather all essential information from the client to prepare winning proposals.
• Assist the efforts of Ghafari Account Executives and Project Managers as they seek new work.
• Initiates, facilitates and documents "Go-no-Go" process and other Ghafari in-house processes.
• Assist in the pricing of projects, working with the Project Managers, Group Managers and Executives.
• Draft proposals and work with marketing department to produce final copy.
• Take responsibility for on-time delivery of proposals and client correspondence.
• Plan presentations and establish needed support from the marketing department.
• In cooperation with the Project Managers, schedule and conduct client presentations.
• Facilitate the closing of the sale.
• Uses CRM database to plan, track, report, and schedule sales activities.
• Participate in industry-related associations, functions and conferences to promote company’s name recognition and increase market share.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or equivalent preferred
Experience: 10+ years of sales/business development or project management experience in A/E or construction industry, preferably in the Chicago metropolitan area
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2019-1376
Job Location US-IL-Chicago