Ghafari Arch 1 (Architectural Designer) in Chicago, Illinois
The Arch 1, with overall supervision from the Manager of Architecture, and day-to-day supervision from the Project Manager and/or Project Architect, assists in executing office and project-related design and technical tasks of simple complexity.
Essential Job Functions:
• Capable of generally reading and understanding existing construction documents and assist in field checking architectural features on existing buildings
• Possess/demonstrates the graphic ability to assist in the production of existing building as-built drawings and develop architectural building backgrounds
• Possess/demonstrates the knowledge and ability to assist in the set-up of project AutoCAD files per client or office standards. Assists in the production of construction documents based on direction from the lead Project Architect
• Assists in preparation of construction documents
• Assists with design tasks of limited scope (e.g. stairs and toilet room layouts) and with basic technical documentation tasks (e.g. schedules, reflected ceiling plans, and typical details)
• Possess/demonstrates the communication skills to work with all assigned project team members, including engineering disciplines. Follows direction from the Project Manager or lead Project Architect and advises of any questions
• Assists in programming sessions, preparation of programming documents and presentation materials
• Proficient with basic Revit modeling skills and the ability to pick-up redlines (e.g. notes, dimensions, etc.)
• Familiar with Revit model creation and the development of family content
• Familiar with Revit project set-up and workset/model management
• Performs related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Architectural Engineering
• 0-3 years related architecture experience
• Begin NCARB AXP process
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop) & Sketchup
Please submit portfolio/work samples along with résumé.
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2019-1411
Job Location US-IL-Chicago