Ghafari 2019 Summer Intern - Architecture in Chicago, Illinois
With overall supervision from the Manager of Architecture and day-to-day supervision from the Project Manager and/or Project Architect, assist in executing office and project-related design and technical tasks of simple to moderate complexity.
• Capable of reading existing construction documents and accurately field checking architectural features on existing buildings.
• Possess/demonstrate the graphic ability to produce existing building as-built drawings and develop architectural building backgrounds.
• Possess/demonstrate the knowledge and ability to set-up project files per client or office standards. Accurately produce construction documents based on direction from the lead Project Architect.
• Assist in preparation of schematic design documents.
• Assist with design tasks of limited scope (stairs, toilet room layouts, etc.) and with basic technical documentation tasks (schedules, reflected ceiling plans, typical details, etc.).
• Possess/demonstrate the communication skills to work with all assigned project team members, including engineering disciplines. Follow direction from the Project Manager or lead Project Architect and advise of any questions.
• Assist in programming sessions, preparation of programming documents and presentation materials.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
• Currently a student actively working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Construction Management.
• Working proficiency in Autodesk products, specifically Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, with emphasis on Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign, Microsoft Office, Sketchup and Vray
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at email@example.com
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2019-1350
Job Location US-IL-Chicago