Ghafari Architect (Mid-Level) in Birmingham, Alabama
General Summary: The Architect 2, with overall supervision from the Manager of Architecture, and day-to-day supervision from the Project Manager and/or Project Architect, assists in executing office and project-related design and technical tasks of small to moderate size and complexity.
• Has the ability to coordinate and run small scale projects.
• Provide mentorship and embrace opportunities for learning with less experienced staff if necessary.
• Prepares design program documents and schematic design presentation documents.
• Capable of reading existing construction documents, organizing/leading field checking activities and surveying existing buildings.
• Possesses/demonstrates the graphic ability to produce existing building as-builts and develop architectural building backgrounds.
• Possesses/demonstrates the knowledge and ability to set-up project AutoCAD files or Revit model creation per client or office standards. Leads the AutoCAD or Revit model coordination efforts between departments.
• Accurately produces schematic design, design development and construction documents based on direction from the lead Project Architect.
• Possesses ability to plan mini-sheet sets and/or work plans if directed by the Project Architect.
• Proficient at architectural graphic standards and construction drawing set organization and development.
• Carry out design tasks of limited scope (e.g. site planning alternate studies, elevational studies, stairs, and toilet room layouts) and with technical task (e.g. building sections, wall sections, and special details).
• Possesses/demonstrates the communication skills to work with all assigned project team members, including engineering disciplines. Follows direction from the Project Manager or lead Project Architect and advises of any questions.
• Possess/demonstrates the ability/willingness to accept constructive feedback and mentorship from colleagues to enhance professional development.
• Assists the lead Project Architect with coordination of the construction documents, including specifications, with other disciplines or consultants.
• Assists in programming sessions, preparation of programming documents and presentation materials. Participates in design charrettes.
• Undertake in-house construction administration duties (basic RFI and submittal review).
• Possess/demonstrates sufficient knowledge of company standards.
• Proficient with Revit model creation and the development of family content in accordance with company standards.
• Proficient with Revit project set-up and workset/model management in accordance with company standards.
• Familiar with laser scanning and point clouds.
• Carries out design tasks of limited scope (space planning, alternative studies, elevation studies, finish selections, etc.)
• Assists in construction administration of projects by coordination with contractors, site visits, review of RFI’s, submittals, samples.
• Assist with Interior Design drawings & documentation.
Performs related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Architectural Engineering
• Enrollment in NCARB AXP program preferred.
• Licensing exams in progress preferred.
• LEED Certification preferred.
• WELL Building Certification preferred.
• 3-5 years related architecture experience.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Teams. Familiar with BIM360.
• Familiar with point cloud software (e.g. Autodesk Recap).
• Good written and verbal communication.
• This position requires the ability to perform the essential job functions contained in this job description. These include, but are not limited to, the following requirements:
o Ability to spend most of an 8-hour day sitting, standing and walking at the office
o Ability to drive to a different worksite
o Ability to travel to jobsites within the US.
• Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants unable to fulfill one or more of these requirements
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Job ID 2021-1488
Job Location US-AL-Birmingham